Location: Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, UK
Type: Part time, Permanent
Salary: £18,500 p.a. for 0.4 FTE (i.e. £7,400 pro rata)
Closing date: 16/10/2021
DefiniGEN are an exciting, high growth Cambridge UK Biotechnology Company who provide iPSC-derived disease models and CRISPR services to the life science and pharmaceutical sector. DefiniGEN uses its proprietary OptiDIFF production platform to robustly generate human cell types, including liver hepatocytes, pancreatic cells, and intestinal organoids, from induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs).
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent aseptic technique skills to help us feed our cell cultures on Fridays and at weekends. This role will be under the supervision of one of our experienced lab scientists.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Feed iPSC, hepatocytes, pancreatic and intestinal human cell cultures.
- Attend DefiniGEN laboratory on Friday to establish what needs to be done over the weekend – this will change week-to-week
- Follow protocols and SOPs under the direction of DefiniGEN senior team members
- Carry out general laboratory housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- A degree in biological science and experience in mammalian cell culture (E).
- Excellent aseptic technique (E).
- Maths to at least GCSE standard, able to accurately calculate ratios and dilutions (E)
Experience with culturing iPSC, hepatocytes, pancreatic and intestinal human cells (D).
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently when required (E)
- Good attention to detail, able to follow company SOPs and keep accurate records (E)
E: Essential. D: Desirable
Applicants should apply by sending their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com