DefiniGEN Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is DefiniGEN Limited, a company registered in England under number 07595566. Our registered office is at 100 Hills Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 1PH.
Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.definigen.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site.
- Information that you provide on our interactive services, including bulletin boards.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
Registering with us/ordering
Registration allows us to more effectively communicate with you, providing you with information on events, products and news that is specific to your interests. At any time if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you can indicate so on your user profile. Registration also streamlines the ordering process, allowing us to pre-complete certain fields from your user profile.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data via a secure encrypted (SSL) connection, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If We or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you see something on the site that is not correct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, including the full URL and detail on your concern. Upon review we will update the content within a reasonable time frame if appropriate. Such changes will be at our discretion and will be done as a courtesy to you and will not alter the terms and conditions above.